Standing on the Rubicon

Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Little Red UN (apologies to the Little Red Hen)

The Little Red UN

"Who will help me peacekeep?" said the Little Red UN.

Belgium said I want to help, O Little Red UN,
But tell me all the details on how we will begin.
I need to know what we will do before we go in.

O France, this was your idea, said the Little Red UN,
You promised us the thousands and only sent tens,
That is no way to treat us now, or are we not your friend?

I'll let you know, said the Norseman, Don't ask me again.
I let you know when I'm ready, able to begin."
That's what Norway said to the Little Red UN.

I will come sailing, sailing in,
Few are my boats to spare, but let us begin,
This is what Germany said to the Little Red UN.

We want to help, Malaysia cried, O send, o send us in!
For we truly hate Israel, and Lebanon is our friend,
And we'll fight for her bright honor, O Little Red UN.

Not I, said the Aussie, rubbing his chin.
"Too many irons in the fire to start this up again."
No, Australia would not help the Little Red UN.

I thought this would be easy to gather peacekeeprs in,
More difficult than I supposed, but still let us now begin.
We'll take whatever comes our way, said the Little Red UN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home